French toast made completely from scratch....now who could saw no to that.
If you are stuck for time, you can still make the french toast using shop bought bread. Brioche works best as it is thick and spongy and not very likely to fall apart during cooking.
- First, add coconut oil to the pan and melt over a medium heat.
- Add egg whites, almond milk and vanilla essence to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Dunk each slice of bread in the egg mixture, turning to coat both sides.
- Transfer to the pan and fry on both sides for 2-3 minutes or till golden brown.
- When cooked, remove and serve with your favourite toppings. I went for some banana, berries and natural yogurt. Honey or peanut butter sauce would also be great options.