Ingredients: serves two
- Begin by melting a little coconut oil in two large pans.
- To one pan add 2 cloves of chopped garlic and leave to simmer for 3-4 minutes till slightly brown.
- To the other pan add 2 cloves of chopped garlic and finely chopped red onion. Allow to simmer till fragrant.
- To the first pan, add 1 cup of rice. Allow to simmer for 1 minute before adding 2 cups of water. Bring to the boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- To the second pan, add thin slices of chicken and fully cook. Add chopped tomatoes, chili powder and mixed herbs and mix. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add peppers and chorizo pieces and allow to cook for a further 5 minutes.
- When the rice is fully cooked, transfer to the other pan. Stir to ensure all the rice is fully coated in sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes before serving.