For the paste:
2 cloves of garlic
1 large red chilli
3 tbsp tomato puree
3 tbsp braggs amino acids (or soy sauce)
2 tbsp hot curry powder
- 400g chicken breast
- 200g brown rice or cauliflower rice as low-carb alternative
- 2 large eggs
- 1 sweet red pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 3 spring onions
- 100g green beans
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Begin by preparing your paste. Chop the garlic and chilli and beat using a pestle and mortar to release scent and flavor. To this add tomato paste, braggs amino acids and curry powder and mix.
- Add 1 tbsp coconut oil to a large pan and when melted, add ¾ of your paste.
- To this, add diced chicken breast and toss in the paste to fully coat.
- If you are using brown rice, boil a pot of water, add rice and cover with a lid to allow to cook. If you are using cauliflower rice, you do not need to do anything with it just yet.
- Chop all of your vegetables in to small pieces and when the chicken is fully cooked, add the veggies on top to sizzle away.
- In a separate pan, melt 1 tbsp of coconut oil and fry up your eggs.
- When the brown rice is cooked, add it to the pan of chicken and vegetables along with the remaining ¼ of your paste. Toss the rice to ensure it is all coated in the paste. If you are using cauliflower rice, simply complete the same steps, adding to the pan and tossing to coat in the paste.
- When your eggs are fully cooked, removed all pans from the heat.
- Serve your Nasi Goreng by pouring the chicken and rice mixture in to a bowl and topping with the fried egg.