- 2 large chicken breasts
- 150g chopped tomatoes
- 100g macadamia nuts
- 1 red chilli
- 1 green chilli
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot
- 4 tsp tamarind paste
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 100ml water
- Begin firstly by boiling chicken in a large pot of water. When fully cooked, remove from the heat and set to one side to cool.
- Using a blender or food processor, grind the nuts to a fine dust.
- Chop chilli, garlic and shallots finely. Using a pestel and morter, beat the ingredients to a paste, to release flavour.
- Add the paste and chopped tomatoes to the ground nuts and blend till fully combined.
- Melt coconut oil in a large pan over a low heat. Transfer the Balinese sauce to the pan and begin to cook.
- Using two forks, pull the meat off the chicken breast. When complete, add to the pan and stir to fully coat.
- Cook for 15 minutes till the sauce thickens. If it appears too thick while cooking, add water till you achieve desired consistency.
Why not enjoy your Balinese Chicken with some spicy sayer urap.
Check back in next week for the recipe.