Treat yourself to these gluten, dairy and guilt free taco fries this weekend!!
Ingredients: serves 2
- 300g turkey mince
- 200ml chopped tomatoes
- 400g sweet potato
- 1 sweet red pepper
- 1 spring onion
- 50g jalapeños
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Begin by cooking the turkey mince over the hob on a low heat. Once cooked, add the chopped tomatoes, spices and herbs. Lower the heat and allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- In the meantime chop the sweet potato in to long, skinny chip shapes. Bring a pot of water to boil and add the potatoes, allowing to cook for 5 minutes.
- Strain the potatoes and transfer on to a baking tray, lined with grease proof paper. If you wish to season the fries, do so now with 1 tsp of chilli flakes. Leave to cook in the oven for 15 minutes to allow them to crisp up.
- Chop the spring onion, red pepper and jalapeños in to small chunks.
- When everything is cooked load your plate, beginning with sweet potato fries. Layer taco mince on top and finally finish off by garnishing with chopped veggies.