Ingredients: serves two
1 cup basmati rice
2 cups water
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp coconut oil
200 ml passata
1 tbsp sambal paste
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp tumeric
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili
1/2 sweet red pepper
1/2 sweet yellow pepper
- Begin by melting 1 tsp coconut oil in a large pan or pot.
- Add 2 cloves of chopped garlic and cook till browned.
- Add 1 cup of rice and saute for 1 minute.
- Add 2 cups of water and bring to the boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes till fully cooked.
- Melt 1 tsp coconut oil in a large pan. Add chopped chicken.
- In a bowl, mix together passata, sambal paste and spices.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add masala sauce. Fully coat chicken, reduce heat and allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Add chopped peppers and cook for a further 5 minutes before serving.