1 ripe banana
100g chocolate protein powder
100ml milk or dairy free alternative
3 tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder
200g dark chocolate
Using a blender, combine the banana and milk to form a smooth mixture.
- Add the protein powder, coconut flour and baking powder.
- Mix till a smooth batter forms.
- Add a little more milk if the mixture appears too thick.
For this recipe I used a mini donut maker. Simply grease with a little oil and place a small amount of mixture in to each donut mould. Allow to cook for 3-4 minutes.
Alternatively you can bake the donut in an oven. Add the mixture to a zip lock bag. Cut a small piece off one corner and then pipe the mixture in to small donut shapes on greaseproof paper. Allow to bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the donuts are cooked, leave to one side to cool.
- Melt the dark chocolate over a pot of boiling water.
- Taking each donut, dip in the melted chocolate to coat the top.
- Place in the fridge for 5 minutes to set the chocolate.