1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
1 cup oats
8 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
2 tbsp matcha powder
2 tbsp almond butter
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp honey/agave syrup
4 squares of dark chocolate (optional)
- Using a blender, grind the oats till they form a flour like consistency.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients; vanilla protein, ground oats and matcha powder.
- In a smaller bowl, add the wet ingredients; almond milk, almond butter, coconut oil and agave.
- Heat over a pot of boiling water, stirring regularly until all ingredients are fully combined.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture and keeping folding until all the liquid is soaked up.
- You should now have a fudge like substance which is slightly sticky. If you feel this substance is too dry, simply add more almond milk. If you find it is too sticky add more ground oats.
- Line a baking dish or tupperware container with grease proof paper.
- Transfer the mixture to the container and smooth out to create an even layer.
- Leave in the fridge to set for an hour.
- After this, remove and cut in to portions.
- Melt some dark chocolate over a pot of boiling water and use the back of a spoon to drizzle on top of your bars.
- Leave to set for a few minutes till the chocolate has hardened.
Serve and enjoy :)