Carrot cake base:
- 3/4 large shredded carrots
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup dates
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp nutmeg
Cashew cheese top:
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp agave
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
1. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and set to one side.
2. In a food processor, grate your carrots and transfer to a bowl.
3. Blend together walnuts and dates till smooth. Add coconut and spices and blend again.
4. Combine this with the shredded carrots and blend till smooth.
5. Transfer to the baking tray and leave to chill.
6. Add all cashew cheese ingredients in to the blender and blend until completely smooth.
7. Pour the cashew cheese on top of the chilled carrot cake base and place in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
8. Cut in to bite sized pieces and enjoy 😉