For taco shell:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Mexican pulled chicken (click for recipe)
- Mixed leaves
- Cherry tomatoes
1. First, wash and peel the sweet potato. Finely grate the sweet potato in to thin strips.
2. Crack and whisk the eggs together. Add the cayenne pepper and mix again. Use this mixture to coat the grated sweet potato.
3. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line a baking tray with grease proof paper and use a little olive oil to prevent sticking. Transfer the sweet potato on to the paper, pressing down till a compact round shape forms. Cook in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove, flip over and cook for a further 10 minutes.
4. When crispy, remove from the oven. You can use a bottle or rolling pin to place your taco on to form the desired shape as the taco will harden when cooling and stay in this shape.
5. Finally, place your desired toppings inside. I used my Mexican pulled chicken, chopped tomatoes and cucumber along with some mixed leaves.