- 100 g grated papaya (if unavailable use carrot as a substitute)
- 100 g green beans
- 1/4 of a cucumber
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 2 spring onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 bird's eye chillies
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- With a grater to make long, thin slices of the papaya. Place on some kitchen roll and squeeze to remove and excess water.
- Using a pestle and mortar, crush the chillies and garlic. Add the juice of 1 lime and fish sauce and mix.
- Chop up the tomatoes, cucumber and spring onion and add to the grated papaya.
- Pour the mixture from the mortar on top and mix till all ingredients are fully coated.
I like to add some meat to this dish. Chicken or some fresh prawns work brilliantly. Alternatively, the thai way is to simply top with some crushed peanuts and enjoy.